with Alex Boyd
Date: Saturday, January 18, 2020
Time: 9 am to 5 pm
Cost: $145 BoMA members
$195 for non-members
Non-member cost difference will be collected in class
Materials kit: TBD
In this class students will learn how to make a prong set cabochon ring in gold and silver. Techniques for soldering gold to silver will be covered as well as fabricating interlocking parts to make soldering a breeze. Students can bring their own cabs or stones will be available for purchase.
Intermediate or advanced metalsmithing skills are required for this class.
About the Instructor
When Alex Boyd was a young boy he stole an enchanted ring from a powerful bruja. That night his slumber was disturbed by a tapping at his window. When he slid the window open a huge raven rushed in, flew around the room and perched on his bookshelf. "I know what you have taken from me," the raven cawed. "I don't know what your talking about," Alex lied, hiding his bejeweled finger behind his back. "No matter. It is your problem now. The wearer of that ring is indentured to create more talismans of power, either for 1000 years or until he makes something so sublime, so perfect, so beautiful that the spell is broken and he is freed." "1000 years it is," Alex said as he thrust the raven out the window and slammed it shut behind her. He has been making jewelry ever since.
Students need to bring
- Saw blades, files, sanding sticks, etc.
- All your favorite tools you can carry comfortably to class
- TBD cash or a check made out to Alex for the materials kit *
Materials Kit TBD (Supplied by Instructor)*
- Gold, Silver, solder
- Natural stones will be available for purchase, starting at $10
- *Materials kit purchase is required for all our workshops. The kit insures all students have the same tools and materials required to learn the technique and allows the instructor and the students to focus on the technique rather than the materials.
- You may cancel up to 14 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 14 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 10
Students must be 18 and over. Students will be required to sign a waiver
Registration open now